Eating sour taste with fermented foods which have enzyme helps to detox your liver and gallbladder. (Liver and Gallbladder is active in spring time)
Liver and Gallbladder is active in springtime by Oriental medicine.
Making quick pressed pickles and eat as a salad is perfect for this season.
Here is the recipe for you (You can use this recipe for your dog’s meal also, but take out umeboshi plums!)
Red radish and Wakame Pressed Pickle Salad
Makes: Two servings
1/4 cup soaked wakame sea vegetable, cut small
2 cups thinly sliced red radishes with the leafy greens
1~2 umeboshi plums – make a paste with knife
pickle presser or plate with rocks
- Soak the wakame till it gets soft. Cut the wakame bite size.
- Place the sliced red radishes with small cut the greens in a bowl and add the Wakame over
- Add umeboshi plum paste to the wakame and red radishes with the greens and mix very well.
- Place them into a pickle presser and put the top on to apply pressure or place a plate which fit to press to the bowl and put rocks to press.
- Allow sitting about 1~3 hours. Remove them and squeeze out excess liquid and taste.
- Arrange attractively in a serving dish.
Variation: Use daikon, Chinese cabbage or your favorite vegetables.
These pickles salad is even more delicious if aged for 2-3 days. It will keep about 1-2 weeks if stored in the refrigerator. Pickles aid digestion, strengthen the intestines and increase the appetite.